Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Exits and Moving On..

This week QuickArrow announced their acquisition by NetSuite, bringing this chapter in my work experience to a close. QuickArrow, an Austin Ventures portfolio company, survived when the tech bubble burst in Austin in 2001 and was back on a track and poised for growth when I joined in 2005. Being part of a start-up that grew up and ultimately achieved an 'exit' is certainly something I'm proud to have been a part of, but that feeling of success is mingled with a certain amount of sadness.

Someone said it feels like the last day of school or that there should be a year-book for us all to sign. I know what they mean. Being a part of a small company meant wearing a ton of hats, always pitching in and having a feeling that I was really making an impact every day. Of course, the people I worked with were a huge part of what I loved about being there every day. From Wii Bowling Tournaments to setting off the building fire alarm on Halloween (someone brought a 'fog machine') -- I'll have lot's of great memories to take with me.

While I'll miss my co-workers in the days ahead, I'm excited to turn the corner and see what is in store for me now. I'm ready for a new challenge and a fresh opportunity to help another company achieve the same kind of success and growth that I did at QuickArrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment